Why god? Why?


It struck me like the lightning ball that struck crazy naked Joe while he was running in the meadow. How do you recognize a blind person? Not because of the cane, it only covers the outdoor blinds. Not because of the dog. Blind people do develop their other senses. And no super sensitive smeller would want to serve dog food. So there you are. The answer was the sunglasses. We were looking for "the sunglasses". Better luck next time.
And I started wondering. I mean actor studio kind of wondering. Become the character. Feel his life. Sense his feelings. Wear his shoes, well no actually. I couldn't wear used shoes. But as I was living the life of a blind person, and while my roommate was yelling about me urinating on the toilet seat, I started to think about the sunglasses again. I don't have any perception of my external appearance and yet I am supposed to be wearing sunglasses. It doesn't make sense. The only purpose of sunglasses is to protect my eyes from the light. And I'm blind. How worse can it get for my eyes? So the answer must be somewhere else.
First of all, if you were born blind the whole concept of sunglasses makes as much sense to you as the concept of sky to a mole. So it cannot be a naturally blind person who came up with that. Maybe someone who became blind. Someone who thought that he would look cool with sunglasses. But then again, that person would know that if you wear sunglasses inside, you don't look cool. You look more like a pervert who found a way of checking women out without being spotted. And that's just sad.
So there it is. It had to be the work of an outsider. A non-blind person. But what on earth could motivate such a person to make a blind fellow wear sunglasses. A practical joke perhaps. I felt I was getting closer, but this solution wasn't good enough. Mankind is cruel. Practical jokes are not enough. No it was something else. The discomfort! The wandering eyes of a blind person can make people uneasy. So there it was. Let's hide what we cannot stand. Let's chase the sick out of town and fold the eyes of the blind.
Another mistery solved, and another step deeper into mankind's hideous nature. Sometimes I just hope we would all be erased of the surface of the globe. But then again, who would feed the cat.

I used the word "but" five times in this blog. Which is one more time than what my doctor recommands. But I don't care what he says. I'm not sick.