Man at work


This man is a serious worker. An efficient piece of the beautiful corporate machinerie. He commits himself at 200% to the job. He doesn't see problems. He foresees solutions. One step ahead of everything. Always. His motto could actually be "One step ahead of everything". I kidd you not. Pipe, backlog, delivery, ressources, J2EE, Websphere 5, deployment, clusters, monkey balls, none of these words scare him except one.

Now let us take a closer look at this beautiful specimen. He sits straights, cause he read the pamphlet the doctor gave him at the yearly corporate medical visit. He looks straight not at but into the screen. His hands are balanced, one on the mouse, the other on the keyboard (except when his has to push his glasses back up his nose). His head is exactly at the bottom of the poster on the wall. This is not really relevant, but I like to outline the quality of my framing job.

I don't know that man, and yet I feel like I know him. Isn't it strange? May be he is just a superhero I created in my mind. I hope he exists somewhere. I hope he wears the burden of a corporate organisation somewhere. Not by being a CEO. No. He's to much a class act for that. He works at the base, with the little people, the ones that really get the job done. He works super-efficiently to protect all the slackers that feed on this silly system. He never judges people.

Laugh all you want, you probably would mock him at the coffee machine would he be one of your colleagues. Not knowing who he really is. He doesn't care. He's above all that.

My hero.

My super-developer.